Privacy and Cookies Policy
- directly as a customer of our Spreadsta app (Merchant);
- as personnel of our Merchants; or
- as users of the Spreadsta app or end customers of our Merchants (End Customers)
and us, the owner and provider of this website and also where we are directed by a third party to process your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal data we collect may include the following:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- social media information;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- date of birth;
- credit card or other payment information;
- information about your business or personal circumstances;
- information in connection with any client surveys, questionnaires and promotions you participate in;
- when we use analytical cookies, your device identity and type, I.P. address, geo-location information, page view statistics, advertising data and standard web log information;
- information about third parties; and
- any other information provided by you to us via this website, in the course of us providing services to you, or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
- We endeavour to ensure that information we collect is complete, accurate, accessible and not subject to unauthorised access.
- We may collect personal data either directly from you, or from third parties (including Shopify), including where you:
- contact us through on our website or App;
- communicate with us via email, telephone, SMS, social applications (such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter) or otherwise;
- engage us to perform services to you;
- when you or your organisation offer to provide, or provides, services to us;
- interact with our website, social applications, services, content and advertising; and
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
4. GOOGLE AND META
We may use Google Analytics and Meta Pixel to collect and process data, including when you use third party websites or apps. To find out more, please refer to Google and Meta’s data policies.
5. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide services or information to you;
- for record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements with third parties (including Shopify);
- where we have your consent, including to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you. In this regard, we may use email, SMS, social media or mail to send you direct marketing communications. You can opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facility provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link);
- for our legitimate interests including:
- to develop and carry out marketing activities and to conduct market research and analysis and develop statistics;
- to improve and optimise our service offering and customer experience;
- to send you administrative messages, reminders, notices, updates and other information requested by you;
- to consider an application of employment from you; and
- the delivery of our services.
6. SHARING YOUR DATA
We may share your personal data in certain circumstances, as follows:
- where there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal data and non-personal data contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances;
- credit-checking agencies for credit control reasons;
- disclosures required by law or regulation;
- where we have your consent, to other Merchants for the specific purpose of providing in-app analysis and insight usage, and marketing recommendations to those Merchants on how to grow their revenue; and
- service providers and other affiliated third parties (including Shopify) to enable us to provide our services to you including other professional advisers such as accountants, disaster recovery service providers or auditors and/or overseas counsel.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal data is secure and protected from misuse or unauthorised access. Our information technology systems are password protected, and we use a range of administrative and technical measures to protect these systems. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
- Access: You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it) and certain other information (similar to that provided in this privacy notice). This is so that you’re aware and can check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law.
- Rectification: We aim to keep your personal data accurate, current, and complete. We encourage you to contact us using our contact form to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate or changes, so that we can keep your personal data up-to-date.
- Objecting: You also have the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, including processing for direct marketing.
- Restricting: You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further.
- Erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data when the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or when, among other things, your personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- Portability: You have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Complaints: If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Withdraw consent: If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
You may, at any time, exercise any of the above rights, by contacting our email address provided below.
10. HOW LONG WE KEEP DATA
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- If you would like further information about our specific retention periods for your personal data, please contact us using our email address provided below.
- To provide our services, we may transfer the personal data we collect to countries outside of the UK or EEA which do not provide the same level of data protection as the country in which you reside and are not recognised by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection.
- When we do this, we will make sure that it is protected to the same extent as in the EEA and UK as we will put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data, which may include standard contractual clauses.
- For more information, please contact us at our email address provided below.
Last updated on [01/12/2022]
Schaeffer Importing Pty Ltd operating as Spreadsta
ABN 75 635 586 944
- This Cookies Policy applies between you and us, Schaeffer Importing Pty Ltd ABN 75 635 586 944 operating as Spreadsta (“we”, “us”, or “our”).
- This Cookies Policy applies when you use our website accessible at https://spreadsta.com/ (“Website”), and describes the types of cookies we use on our Website, how we use them, and how you can control them.
- TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
- The below table sets out the type of cookies we may collect on our Website.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Certain cookies we use are essential for the proper functioning of our Website, without which our Website won’t work or certain features won’t be accessible to you. For example, we may need to remember data you’ve inputted from one page to the next in a single session.
Performance cookies collect information about your use of the Website to help enhance the services we provide to you. We collect information about how you interact with the Website, including the pages you visit and the frequency of your visits. This information helps us identify patterns of usage on the site, collect analytics data, identify issues you may have had on the Website, make changes to enhance your browsing experience, and analyse if our marketing is effective and relevant to you.
We use functional cookies to improve your experience on our Website and make things more convenient for you. These cookies personalise your experience on our Website based on your preferences, by remembering your details such as your login details or region.
Security cookies are a type of functional cookie, which assist with website and user account security. Load balancing session cookies are used for the duration of the session to distribute user requests across multiple servers to optimize website speed and capacity. We may also use user interface customization persistent cookies to store a user’s preferred version of our Website, such as font and language preferences.
Advertising cookies are used on our Website to provide you with targeted marketing materials in accordance with your interests and preferences. These cookies remember that you visited our Website, and we may provide this information to third-parties. These cookies usually cannot personally identify you, so your anonymity is typically secured. These cookies ensure that advertisements displayed to you are things that may be of interest to you.
Content cookies are placed by many social media plugins (like plugins that allow you to share content on Facebook), and other tools to enhance the content displayed on a website (for example, services that allow the playing of video files). We integrate these plugins into our Website to improve usability and customer experience. Some of these third party services may place cookies that are also used for the purposes of behavioural advertising or market analysis.
Third party vendor retargeting tracking cookies
We also use third party vendor retargeting tracking cookies, including without limitation the Meta Pixel and other social media tracking cookies. Meta Pixel and such other social media tracking cookies are used for marketing purposes, including to target our advertising to the right audience, measure the effectiveness of our advertising and view the actions you take on our Website.
- How long will cookies remain on my device?
- The amount of time that a cookie remains on your computer or device depends on the type of cookie – cookies are either “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted, so they may remain on your device for as little as 10 minutes to several years. Session cookies last until you stop browsing, so just for the relevant session.
- We may use third party analytics cookies to collect information about your interaction with our Website. We also may use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers to help process data. To find out more, see How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.
- How do I control cookies?
- Usually, you can control and manage cookies through your browser. You can control whether or not your browser accepts cookies, how to filter and manage cookies, and how to delete cookies at the end of a session.
- If you remove or block cookies, this may negatively impact your experience of our Website and you may not be able to access all parts of our Website.
- Many third party advertising services allow you to opt out of their tracking systems, by giving you the opportunity to opt out by way of a pop-up before downloading cookies to your device.
- Updates TO THIS POLICY
- We may update this Cookies Policy from time to time. When we make changes, we’ll update the “Last updated” date at the top of the Cookies Policy and post it on our sites. We encourage you to check back periodically to review this Cookies Policy to ensure that you are aware of our current Cookies Policy.